Bad beauty habits

Firstly I'd like to apologise for the fact there was no post on Wednesday, I had a test at Uni on Friday and was nervously revising!

Apology aside, there are many things we do day in day out when it comes to beauty but for most (me included) there are certainly some which aren't such good habits, for some it may be not removing makeup or not cleaning makeup brushes but they're ones that I'm very particular about and never neglect to do!



As I've said I'm a stickler for always removing makeup and cleansing my skin twice daily. I even nag my friends about it from time to time! (If you're reading this thinking yeah she does do that then sorry!) However, moisturising both my face and body is something I often forget to do. I really need to get more consistent with it as the texture of my skin is so much better when it's hydrated and my makeup applies ten times better!

I'm very 'all-or-nothing' with makeup. As I'm sure you know if you're a regular reader, I love makeup,  have far too much of it and love experimenting. But I tend to only wear makeup once or twice a week. I don't tend to wear it to uni for example. But when I do, I go all out, full face, this tends to be when I go to town or for nights out. I feel that I need a middle ground with a bit of concealer, mascara and brows for when I want to look put together but with minimal time.

In all honesty, hair isn't my speciality. Far from it! I tend to get myself into a bit of a rut with styling my hair and throw it up into a pony tail or half-up half-down with a clip more days than not. I would love to curl, straighten or even forgetting heat styling... I'd just love to have the time to braid, plait and do all sorts of cute but simple styles. Another beauty resolution perhaps?

When it comes to my nails again I'm a bit all-or-nothing... I tend to go through phases of painting them every week and then not touching them for a month or two. Other than painting my nails I do very little to them. I love the dedication some of my friends have to filing and buffing them a little every night before bed and always wearing a clear strengthening polish.

Writing this blog post I feel like I'm just reiterating to myself the things that I need to get better at! What bad beauty habits do you have, I'd love to know! Leave me a comment and tell me!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig