Nivea Post Shave Balm : is it worth the rave reviews?

Today I'm talking about something I never thought I'd be mentioning on my blog and that's a mens shaving balm... odd I know! But recently the Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm has been raved about on blogs and Youtube videos for being 'the best primer' out there. In my opinion thats a pretty big claim but I thought I would test this out when I found it half price in Wilko. It was discovered and reviewed by NikkiTutorials last year. Recently it's sold out in every Boots and Superdrug as it's so popular.



This is a soothing moisturiser for mens skin and therefore has a typical Nivea Men aftershave-type scent to it. But don't worry, as the scent doesn't linger once on the skin - you can only smell it whilst applying it. This is 100ml for £5.35 at Boots but I bought it for around £2.50 from Wilko. It's such a bargain and you get nearly double the amount of product that you do in other primers for 5 or 10 times the price.

A primer is worn underneath foundation and concealer to create an even base that will also improve the longevity of your makeup. And this does just that! Due to high levels of glycerin it allows makeup to sit smoothly and adhere better than it would with a regular primer. Therefore making your makeup look flawless all day long.

I have tried many primers from highstreet to high-end including; Rimmel, Soap and Glory, Maybelline, Bourgois, Benefit and Laura Mercier and quite frankly, the new Nivea offering is far cheaper, larger and more effective than all other primers I've used before.

So to answer my earlier question, it is most definitely worth the rave reviews and I would highly recommend you try this out and pick it up as cheaply as you can like I did!

Don't forget to follow me on your favourite social media accounts, the links are in the left hand side bar of my blog underneath the circular photo of me.

Don't forget new blog posts every Wednesday and Sunday!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig