MAC : Top 5 things I'd recomend

For many years I didn't see why so many of my friends used MAC so much. Almost all of their makeup came from the brand. Nowadays with so many makeup brands and products on offer we tend to 'cocktail' our makeup and beauty products. By this I mean that we may have a L'Oreal foundation, a Maybelline mascara, Urban Decay eyeshadows and Clarins lipsticks. We rarely stick solely to one brand. However, I thought it'd be nice to take a brand every now and then and tell you what I think are their best products (from what I've tried). I hope this is helpful if you've never bought something from MAC but are tempted or if like me you (now), love the brand and are looking for something new to try.


Eyeshadows - these are very popular, and for good reason! They're highly pigmented, easy to blend and have an extensive array of colours from warm to cool tones, lights to darks and mattes to shimmers. You can buy the shadows individually or in 'pan' form (this means they're not in any plastic packaging and you put them into a palette like mine above). If you buy them in 'pan' form you can put them into a MAC palette or create your own. Popular ones include Z Palettes, available on Amazon. This way you can add other shadows / powders from other brands.

Lipliner in the colour Cherry - this is my go-to red lip liner. It's so smooth & creamy, and glides on beautifully. I use this alone all over my lips for a long lasting, easy to wear matte lip. Or I outline my lips (and sometimes fill them in too) for a perfect outline / base for my favourite red lipstick.

Lipstick in Patisserie - this is my favourite lipstick ever! For me it's a perfect 'my-lips-but-better' colour. It's a peachy pink nude colour with a subtle golden shimmer. Perfect for everyday makeup and it also looks gorgeous paired with a dark smokey eye. It's a lustre finish so isn't matte and is so natural and wearable with a bit of a sheen.

Lipstick in Syrup - a gorgeous darker cloudy pink, it's a little bit berry-ish in tone and I love to wear this in Autumn as a natural lip colour thats slightly darker than my natural lip colour but this looks beautiful with a bronze eye. Again, this is a lustre finish.

Mineralise Skinfinish in Lightscapade - this has been one of my favourite highlighters for a while now. It's perfect on pale skin. If you have mid to dark skin tones I'd suggest the same product but in the shade Soft and Gentle or Gold Deposit. This is so gorgeous but subtle at the same time. It doesn't give you that 'disco ball face' but leaves you glowing. I also love the Mineralise Skinfinish Naturals especially the shade Light, it's a gorgeous slowly all over face powder that I use to set my concealer and foundation but I have finished mine and haven't repurchased it yet.

Left to right : Syrup lipstick, Patisserie lipstick, Cherry lip liner.
These swatches were taken in natural light with no flash. They have not been edited either to give you a true representations of the colours/formulas.

I hope this has given you an insight into my favourite MAC products and perhaps a few of you are now tempted to visit your nearest MAC counter or their website! See you Wednesday for a new blog post!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig