April Favourites

I haven't the slightest idea why it's taken me until now to write a monthly favourites blog post. They're undoubtedly my favourite to read and I'm a big believer that you should write what you'd want to read. So here goes!



Lets get started with makeup! It's been a month of base and complexion products for me, I've been loving the Bourjois 123 CC Cream for more natural days and I've been loving that I can get a medium coverage from such a lightweight, glowy, skincare-like product! And it's super easy to apply and blend! As I mentioned in my rece
nt blog post on my Everyday Makeup Routine, I've been teaming the CC cream with the L'Oreal True Match Concealer, it blends like a dream and amps up the coverage of the CC cream in areas that I need a little bit of extra help.

For the past few months I've been worshiping the Amazing Cosmetics Concealer, I can't stress enough how this can cover ANYTHING... and I mean anything. I've had a couple of those huge pesky under-the-skin spots recently and this has been the only thing that will completely cover them up! Plus if you set it with a powder this will last all day no problem!

And yes, another base product... I can't help it! The NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation and the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer combined create the look of a good skin day when you're really not having one! More to come soon on these products - check back soon for a full review!

And finally in terms of makeup I've been loving the Lorac Pro Palette. Usually I tend to stick to the gorgeous Urban Decay Naked palettes however this month I've been jazzing things up and reaching for the Lorac palette instead and I have to say it's making me be a little more adventurous with eyeshadow colours and stray (ever so slightly) from my typical bronzey, neutral eye.

Next up is skincare! I used the L'Oreal Skin Perfecting Cleansing Oil religiously this month. This was the first cleansing oil I ever tried and I didn't get on with it very well however since then I've fallen head over heels for the Body Shop one. Anyway... back on topic... I used this oil over the top of a full face of makeup in the evenings to remove my makeup and then went in with the La Roche Posay Effaclar Cleansing Gel for a second cleanse once my makeup was removed. I found this was a really good combination for my skin.

I was having a down day recently and I decided to cheer myself up with a little at-home pamper session and decided to use the REN 1 minute facial, and I'm so glad I did. It left my skin feeling renewed, smooth, soft and cleansed and my skin looked so healthy and glowy. Good skin in a bottle.
I recently bought some organic A
rgan Oil from Holland and Barrett and have been using this from head-to-toe, on my face, in my hair, on my body, in my bath it really is just a wonder oil and I'd highly recommend you buy this multi-purpose oil.

Whilst at home over the Easter holidays I was burning my Yankee candle Pink Sands candle on a daily basis, but when I came back to Uni I really started to miss it (we can't burn candles in our accommodation) so I started using the reed diffuser version and its been great, I still get the gorgeous scent but its much less of a fire hazard!

Back to Holland and Barrett which is fast becoming one of my favourite places to shop! I've also been trying out their Coconut Deodorant and the Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner and I am very impressed so far! More to come in a future blog post when I've given them a try for a little longer.

And that's about it! Those were my favourite things throughout the month of April! I hope you enjoyed finding out what I've been using and loving recently! Of course I can't write an April Favourites blog post and neglect the fact that possibly my favourite favourite was Easter Eggs... lots and lots of them!

What have you been loving throughout the month of April?
If you have any blog post requests please leave them in the comments below as usual!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig