Empties #1 - Skincare

To those of you who aren't avid readers/watchers of beauty blogs/YouTube channels you will think that collecting products you've used up rather than simply throwing them away is rather weird. However, you tend to get really honest reviews of products when someones completely finished it as opposed to having only used it for a week or two.

I get a sense of satisfaction when I use up a product and since I've been collecting my 'empties' for this blog post it's spurred me on to actually get through products rather than having 3 shampoos on-the-go!

Intrigued to see what I've been using recently and what I think? Then read on my friends!


Cleansing and Makeup Removal


Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash - This is a lovely cleanser, I used it religiously every day and it didn't break my skin out in the slightest. It keep my skins oils at bay and left my skin feeling cleansed. It also didn't strip the skin which was an added bonus!

Would I repurchase? - Yes.

REN Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel - Another great cleanser. As you can see I tend to change my cleanser up quite frequently as my skin tends to get used to a cleanser pretty quickly. It says it's for all skin types however I wouldn't recommend it for people with very dry skin. It cleansed my skin well and left me feeling very refreshed.

Would I repurchase? - Yes.

BIODERMA Sensibo H2O - Makeup Removing Micelle Solution - I've raved about this before (blog post here). It's probably the best, most gentle makeup remover I've ever tried. It removes anything from foundation to waterproof mascara. (also mentioned here)

Would I repurchase? - Yes, already have.

GARNIER Micellar Cleansing Water - A cheaper, more readily available alternative for the Bioderma cleansing water. It removes makeup almost just as well, is very gentle on the skin. A great option for every day makeup removal or a quick morning cleanse.

Would I repurchase? - Yes, already have.

GARNIER Express 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover - This is a bi-phase product that you shake up to mix the two parts. It's great at removing stubborn eye makeup like waterproof mascara or liquid eyeliner. It also doesn't sting the eyes! Perfect!

Would I repurchase? - Yes.


Moisturisers, Eye creams and Other Skincare Prodcuts

La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat Anti-shine Anti-Enlarged Pores Moisturiser- I've used up two of these recently, partly because you only get 40 ml in a tube. However this is my favourite day time moisturiser for underneath makeup, it's also great for the summer months as it mattifies the skin whilst also providing the right amount of hydration. (Also mentioned here)

Would I repurchase? - Yes.

Simple Kind to Eyes Soothing Eye Balm - Again I've used up two of these recently. This is my favourtie eye cream. It's so affordable, it sinks into the skin really easily. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all and it leaves my under eye area feeling soothed, refreshed and moisturised.

Would I repurchase? - Yes, already have.

Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel Facial Pore and Nose Pose Strips - I've used a box of each of these. I used them about once a week/fortnight, after cleansing. I use the facial ones on my chin or forehead ( you can use them anywhere you get blackheads really.) You apply them to wet skin, you leave them to dry for about 10-15 minutes while they harden and then you gently remove them. The pull out all the blackheads from in the skin and it's rather satisfying (but also gross) as you see them on the strip after you've removed it from your skin!

Would I repurchase? - Yes, already have.

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes - I very rarely ever use makeup wipes as they aren't very good for your skin but if I ever use them these are my favourites. I tend not to like makeup wipes as they drag on the skin and are fairly harsh. They also don't remove all traces of makeup and certainly shouldn't be used as a replacement for a cleanser. I keep a pack of these on hand for makeup mishaps and for cleaning swatches off of the back of my hand.

Would I repurchase? - Yes.

Lush Let The Good Times Roll Face and Body Cleanser - I've included this cleanser in this section as personally I don't use it on a every day basis as it's more of a luxury cleanser in my opinion. I use it as a treat for my skin. It smells gorgeous - like fresh sweet popcorn! It gives the skin a gentle exfoliation, whilst also deep cleansing and leaves the skin feeling fairly balanced and smelling great!

Would I repurchase? - Yes.


I hope you liked seeing what I've used up recently and what I thought of them! If you have any blog post requests or suggestions please let me know in the comments or on my social media.



No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig