Protecting your skin - Sun cream and SPF


It's important to wear sun protection all year round but even more so when the weather starts to warm up. It can be so easy to forget to wear SPF (sun protection factor) but it really is so important as the pain of the burn and the irreversible damage to your skin really isn't worth it. Sun damage can also cause premature ageing! SPF can be found in so many products we use, moisturisers, eye creams, foundations and concealers to name a few. In the cooler months I simply make sure at least one of face products whether that be my moisturiser or foundation has SPF in it but in the Spring and Summer months I would recommend a separate SPF for added protection.


Body (and Face) SPF - This is the one that most people tend to use. It's the basic staple, but so important. It's very easy to miss little areas out when applying body sun lotion so I'd recommend applying before getting dressed. It's so much easier, doesn't get on clothes and will dry in a matter of minutes allowing you to get dressed and ready for the day. I'm currently using the Piz Buin 1 Day Long, Long Lasting Sun Lotion SPF 30. This is great as it doesn't have to be re-applied so often which is great for those of us that tend to forget to re-apply!

Face SPF for sensitive skin - if you have sensitive skin that tends to react to or break out with most sun lotions then one specifically formulated for the face is ideal. I tend to wear a higher SPF on my face than on my body as the skin on your face is often more exposed to the sun and more delicate. I am currently using the Piz Buin Allergy Sun Sensitive Face Cream SPF 50+.

Lip balm with SPF - Not many people apply sun screen to their lips, mostly because it tastes awful and no one wants to be tasting sun cream all day! But your lips can burn just as easily as the rest of your body and trust me when I say that burnt lips aren't fun! They're very painful! So I suggest wearing a lip balm with SPF, so many brands do them but I really like the Piz Buin Moisturising Sun Lipstick SPF 30, which is a clear moisturising lip balm that protects your lips when out and about!

After Sun - to be used after sun exposure to cool and moisturise the skin. I tend to shower and then apply Piz Buin After Sun Soothing and Cooling Moisturising Lotion to my skin to relieve any pain of possible sun burn. It leaves the skin feeling refreshed and moisturised and also helps to prolong your tan!

Handy travel sized sun cream for on-the-go - this is an added extra that I like to keep on me everyday during Spring and Summer just in case I forget to apply sun in the morning or for top ups during the day! It hardly weighs anything and is such a saviour for times when the sun makes a surprise appearance! The Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection SPF 30 (100 ml) is great for this and smells really summery and gorgeous!

The products mentioned were half price at Boots a couple of weeks ago when I purchased them. Have a look now to see if they still are as these are such great quality products and if you can get them half price like I did then they're such a steal!

So when you're out enjoying the sun this summer wear SPF, UV protected sunnies and your favourtie on-style hat to keep fully protected from the suns harmful rays.

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig