Sunday Stuff : Makeup Clear Out

I think its really important to regularly go through your makeup collection, regardless of whether its small or large, and throw out old products that you no longer use or are long past their expiry date.



Makeup, as with all cosmetics, does have an expiration date... well that'ts not entirely true per se. Somewhere located on the product there is usually a symbol that looks like a little pot or tub with a number inside and then an 'M'. This is the number of months a product should be open before it should be thrown away.

It can be disheartening to throw away cosmetics, I know that feeling all too well... so I don't always stick to that strictly but what I would say is that you know if you've had a product open for 6 months, a year or maybe even several years. Its up to you to decide how often you throw away products but its something that's fairly important as the preservatives in cosmetics do expire and this can cause bacteria to build up. The texture and quality of products can also be affected by how long they've been sitting around in your makeup bag, or the drawers of your dressing table.

I recently cleared out my dressing table and without getting rid of anything I use regularly or that isn't well past its best, I managed to throw out and give away at total of 33 products. I'm pretty chuffed with that! Plus lets look on the bright side... it leaves room for more new purchases!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig