3 makeup brush cleaning methods

There are three methods I use to clean my makeup brushes/tools and today I thought I would tell you all about them. (See previous post on makeup brush washing here)

Spot cleaning
- this is what you do when you are in a rush and need to use a particular brush but it is already dirty and used. For this I use some of the No 7 Makeup Brush cleanser as you can get away without using water meaning it won't be soaking wet when you go to apply your makeup seconds later. I just apply a little to a paper towel and swirl my brush in until it's clean.
Deep Cleaning - this is what I do on a weekly or fortnightly basis. As I have mentioned before I like to use a really mild baby shampoo as it is gentle on the bristles of my brushes leaving them clean but also in good condition. I use the Johnson's Baby Shampoo with the Soap and Glory Hand Mitt (not actually made for brush cleaning but it works perfectly to get a deep clean!).

Solid soap cleanser - this is a great travel-friendly option and is essentially like a bar of soap but for your makeup brushes and sponges. I use the Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser and it works a treat! (see more here)

And the result is beautifully cleaned brushes! Just make sure to reshape them and leave them to dry ideally lying down.

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig