Evening Pamper Routine

It has to be said I'm partial to a relaxing pamper evening from time to time to relax and unwind, here is the low down on my recent evening pamper routine! So make a cup of tea, have a little read and hopefully by the end of this post you'll be in the mood for some pampering yourself!


I started with nails. A fresh manicure never fails to make me feel put together and pampered.
This week I was loving Essie Splash of Grenadine, with the usual Essie All In One Base Coat and the best top coat I've ever used, Seche Vite!


I set the mood with my Yankee Candle Wax Burner. I recently bought this gorgeous hand painted wax burner in the sale in my local Yankee Candle shop and I think it looks so cute with the tea light lit inside. I was burning the Pink Sands wax disk which smells so fresh and really does remind me of beach holidays! I also played some relaxing music and had a cup of tea next to the bath!



How could I have a pamper evening without something from Lush! I love the bath bombs, bath melts, massage bars, soaps and shower gels - can you tell I'm a bit of a Lush fan?!
I recently bought this bath bomb whilst at the Oxford Street store with a fellow beauty blogger friend of mine and it has to be one of my new favourites. I'll let the following photographs do the talking when it comes to how it looked in the water!


Whilst soaking in the bath I like to use this Body Shop Tea Tree Body Wash which is great for acne prone skin. I use this on the body exfoliating cloth that The Body Shop sells and I use this on my back, neck and shoulders. It gives a really deep clean and leave your skin feeling fresh and invigorated. 


Next up is the tedious chore of hair removal.  I won't dwell on this subject too long but I really like the Avon Silky Stay Shave Gel in combination with my Venus razor to remove any unwanted body fuzz and once out of the bath or shower I always soak a cotton pad or two in Tend Skin and wipe this over any areas that I have just shaved to prevent ingrown hairs or razor bumps. It works a treat, I'd highly recommend it! (It may sting the first or second time you use it but that doesn't happen every time and trust me when I say this stuff works miracles.)


After washing my hair as normal, I like to apply a hair mask to damp hair and leave it for about 5-10 minutes. I tend to apply my hair mask from mid lengths to ends and then clip my hair on top of my head. I've been trying out this Vital 5 Hair Mask recently from Holland and Barrett as it is a natural hair mask which claims to leave less build up than regular hair conditioners.


When pampering myself I like to exfoliate my skin to get the circulation going and leave my skin feeling softer and smoother. I used Scrubbing Me Softly from Zoella's new range (blog post review here)!


Hair mask done! Now on to face masks! Whilst in the bath I used the REN Flash Rinse 1 Miniute Facial which is an exfoliating treatment to remove dead skin, add vitamin C to your skin and leave your skin looking radiant. I also used the Origins Drink Up - Intensive Overnight mask to deeply moisturise my skin whilst I slept later on that night.


This step is completely optional and is for those who like to look slightly less pasty come Spring and Summer. After my relaxing bath I like to apply some gradual tanner moisturiser. I love the Dove Summer Glow moisturising lotion for medium to dark skin. It is the best, most affordable gradual tanner I have tried and it doesn't really even have that typical fake tan smell (bonus points!).


What do you like to do to pamper yourself? Do you have any product recommendations for me?

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig