Festive Christmas Day Makeup


This Christmas I was away on holiday in Devon with my family and I wanted a simple but nice, fuss-free, low maintenance makeup look. And you may be thinking, bright red lip isn't low maintenance.... but this one is, trust me!



So I started off with cleansed, toned and moisturised skin. And started applying my base. 
I applied my Bourgeois Healthy Mix Serum foundation all over my face with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. Next I pressed some Benefit Erase Paste under my eyes to brighten up my under-eye area. I then applied Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer with my fingertips and blended this all in again using my Real Techniques Sponge again. I set my concealer with my favourite powder, which never looks cakey, the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder.


I then used Soap and Glory Solar Powder to add some colour back into my face and bronze everything up a little and topped it off by adding some Frat Boy Blush from The Balm to the apples of my cheeks.


I prepped my eyes with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden, to even out my eyelids and make the colours that I applied next stand out more and last longer throughout the day.
I then used my beloved Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita eyeshadow quad and I buffed the brown colour into the crease of my eye, and added some of the brick colour into the outer corner for added definition.
I also applied a mix of these two colours under my lash line with a pencil brush.
I then pressed the golden shimmer colour onto my eye with a flat shader brush which I dampened with some makeup setting spray (water would do the job too).
And finally I applied the champagne colour to my brow bone and inner corner for a highlight.
I curled my eyelashes as usual with my beloved Shu Umera Eyelash curlers and applied Makeup Forever Smoky Last Mascara to my upper lashes (you could do the bottom ones too).


I then finished off the look by applying MAC lip liner in Ruby Woo.
This is a great long lasting no fuss classic red lip option as it doesn't budge when you eat or drink and lasts all day and all night and I mean it!
It will not come off or fade until you remove it!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and liked seeing this makeup look that I wore on Christmas Day but this can obviously be worn on a normal day-to-day basis or on a night out with some winged liner.

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig