Winter Skin SOS

Over the colder months our skin begins to suffer from flaking and dehydration. The winter is the time to get your skin in its best condition so that when spring and summer roll around you are ready for the new season. Its easy enough to cover up dry and flaky skin in the winter but by the spring you'll be wanting to have beautiful skin again, the time to put the work in is before spring rolls around. So get started now!





Face - it's really important to exfoliate once or twice a week and moisturise daily. My favourite exfoliators are those from St Ives; they have a great range of facial scrubs that gently but effectively scrub away any dry, flaky, or uneven skin leaving you with soft, smooth, even skin with a natural healthy glow.
After exfoliating it's important to replenish the skin, now this can easily be done with a traditional moisturiser or face cream such as the Simple Kind to Skin Rich Moisturiser. However for those of you who like to take a little more time over your skincare routine, you could add a serum or oil before your moisturiser. I love to use Hydraluron which is a clear jelly-like-serum from the skincare geniuses at Indeed Labs (can you tell how much I love them?!). The serum contains hylauronic acid which helps improve any moisturiser by simply making it absorb easier into the skin. It can hold 1000 times its weight in water. (I'm not going to lie to you when I read that fact a few years ago off the tube of Hyraluron I found it hard to believe but quite honestly it works a dream and I think that's why! It just helps to moisturise the skin like nothing else I've tried! But I do love that fact, I quote it every time I tell anyone about the product....sad, I know!)

Using a hydrating face mask once a week can really help to balance and further replenish the skin. I love the Una Brennan Tea Flower Hydrating mask and the Origins Drink Up Intensive mask for this job! The one from Una Brennan is much quicker ( I often use it in the bath) whereas the Origins one can be worn overnight like an intensive night cream for dehydrated skin. You pick what's best for you! Personally I keep both on hand and alternate!





Body - it's equally important to exfoliate and moisturise your body! For this I either use a Soap and Glory Body scrub (they have a plethora of beautifully fragranced ones), one from the Body Shop ( I love the Harvest Raspberry one), or the St Ives Body Scrub ( I'm beginning to think St Ives are queen exfoliators and scrubs!). For body moisturisers I love the Palmer's Cocoa Butter one (they also do this in a pump now which is very handy!) and the Body Shop Body Butters.



Hair - With all the heat styling, brushing and excessive products we use in our hair, its a good idea to regularly treat your it to some added moisture and let it repair itself  once a week. My absolute favourite hair mask is the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque which I slather from my ears down through the lengths of my hair, focusing particularly on the ends. (I don't know how or if this or other nut-containing products might affect those with a nut allergy.  Always be sure to patch test a new product and read the packaging and leaflet.) I will then leave this on for about 10 or so minutes while I enjoy a soak in the bath. A more affordable alternative is the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment, they have a few variations of this product, one for moisture, shine, and one to repair your hair to name a few, this particular one is for shinier hair, which I tend to struggle with as my hair often looks rather dry. This is a quicker alternative too, because, as the name suggests it only takes 3 minutes to work its magic.

One step I will be adding to this is to use a clarifying shampoo, this can help alleviate the problem of product build up in the hair which can make your hair seem 'greasy' when it really isn't. I have heard the Aussie Mega Shampoo is really good so I'll be giving that a try in the near future! (I'll be sure to  report back!)


What are your winter skin SOS products? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig