Review : MAC Cherry Lip Liner


The infamous MAC Cherry lip liner had been on my beauty wish list for some time and on a recent shopping trip I happened to be perusing the MAC counter at Beales in Bournemouth and needless to say I caved. So enough with the guilt of another MAC purchase fuelled by ''beauty enablers'' such as the likes of Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup and Amelia Liana and on with the review!



 My first impressions of this product were that it had great colour pay off and looked as bright and vibrant on the lips as it did in pictures I'd seen online. The tip is nicely pointed and tapered meaning that it is very simple to achieve a neat, but at the same time quick and easy application. It is matte in formula but doesn't cling to the lips too badly, I have to say after wearing this for about 4 or 5 hours they did start to feel a little dry, but this is nothing a little clear lip balm over the top can't fix!
In future, and for those with dry lips in general, I would suggest buffing lips of all dry skin and applying a moisturising lip balm before lining your lips. The Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm is perfect as it won't affect the formulation of the lip pencil, as it also has a matte finish, but any will do. (Other posts mentioning this lip balm - Post 1 - click here , Post 2 - click here )

This lip liner stays put for hours, I wore this from in the morning when I first applied my makeup until before bed and I didn't need to touch it up once. This included me eating (...takeaway pizza!) and drinking throughout the day and it didn't bleed, smear or smudge! The longevity is amazing - perfect for a long day or a night out!

This can be used as a traditional lip liner and filled in with a matching red lipstick of your choice or as you can see from the pictures above and below it can be worn alone to achieve a striking bold matte lip.



Thanks for reading! Hope you are all having a good day! Feel free to leave me a comment, I appreciate every single one!

P.S      If a comment box doesn't appear at the bottom of your screen it's because you need to click on the blog post title to go onto the ''full'' version of the post - still a technical issue I am yet to perfect!




2 comments

  1. Youг method ߋf explaining all iin this article is
    rеally nice, eveгy one be able to effortlessly ҟnoԝ it,
    Ҭhanks a lot.

    Herre iѕ my pagе: fdgdg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback I'm glad you liked this blog post.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig