Empties #3 - Makeup and Skincare

So it seems I've been making my way through and using up quite a lot of things recently. So I thought I'd let you know what I thought of each before I threw them away.




Makeup


Lasting Perfection Concealer Light - the best concealer on the highstreet in my opinion. So affordable, medium to high coverage, never looks heavy or cakey and blends out seamlessly.
Would I repurchase? - Yes.

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer Light - another great budget concealer, however not my favourite due to the sponge applicator which gets rather messy.
Would I repurchase? - Probably not.

Maybelline The Falsies Volumn' Express - One of my favourite more affordable mascaras - doesn't flake or smudge, gives amazing volume, length and separation.
Would I repurchase? -  Yes.

Maybelline The Falsies Volumn' Express Waterproof - as above but I love to keep the waterproof formula handy for holidays, or times when you know you might be shedding a few tears, or even when you want your makeup to last that little bit longer. Waterproof mascara also tends holds a curl better.
Would I repurchase? -  Yes.

AVON Extra Lasting Mascara - Not a bad mascara but there are better out there. It's a fairly natural looking mascara and is a bit of a pain to take off if I remember correctly. I prefer the Maybelline ones, I also love the SuperShock mascara from AVON.
Would I repurchase? -  Probably Not.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Light - One of my favourite powders. I love this to set my makeup as it makes it last all day and doesn't crease or budge whilst still giving my skin a natural skin-like finish.
Would I repurchase? -  Yes.

2 MAC Eyeshadows - Love love love MAC eyeshadows.
Would I repurchase? -  Yes, I already have!


Skincare


LUSH Oatifix Mask - A fresh cooling mask that really refreshes dry and tired skin leaving it feeling rejuvenated.
Would I repurchase? -  Yes.

Bioderma Sebium Micellar Water - I can't decide if I like this version of Bioderma or the original pink one better but either way this is undoubtedly the most effective and easiest way to remove eye makeup especially (face makeup too).
Would I repurchase? -  Yes.

Simple Soothing Toner - a very refreshing soothing treat for the skin after a long day after cleansing before moisturising.
Would I repurchase? -  Yes.

Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 makeup remover - a good bi-phase makeup remover that you shake to mix the two solutions together, removes makeup well but leaves somewhat of an oily residue on the skin. Fine if you are going to cleanse again after like I do but if you want a one step makeup removal and cleanse in one I would recommend a micellar water (Simple, L'Oreal, Garnier and Bioderma all make them).
Would I repurchase? -  Probably not, there are better options out there.

Simple moisturising facial wash - A lovely thick creamy facial wash that leaves skin feeling cleansed and cared for.
Would I repurchase? - Yes.

Indeed Labs Hydraluron - One of my all time favourite skincare products. For those of you who aren't familiar with this skincare gem, it's a serum that is applied after cleansing, before moisturising to boost the moisture that your skin absorbs. This is due to the hyaluronic acid in the serum. It gives dry to very dry skin a real boost of moisture and leaves skin feeling plumped and hydrated.
Would I repurchase? -  Yes, already have!

St Ives Naturally Clear Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Facial Scrub - this is my favourite budget facial exfoliator, use once a week/fortnight to remove any dead skin and leave your skin's texture much smoother and softer.
Would I repurchase? -  Yes.



No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig