Speeding up my makeup routine

Since I've been at university I've found that due to one reason or another I've not left as much time as I usually would in order to get ready for a night out.

This has resulted in my having to become more efficient and organised with my routine. Now I know this may seem stupid but it saves me loads of time and even means I get out of the house on time occasionally!


I've cut down the time it takes me to apply my base by simply using a higher coverage base that's light enough in formulation so not too much blending is required, after a touch of concealer and a light dusting of powder down the T-zone I'm onto the eyes. Keeping it simple by applying a tinted primer (acts as your base colour) and a crease colour as usual a few shades darker than my skin tone to contour the eye and a darker colour (usually a deep brown or black) in the outer corners and along the lash line. After lashings of mascara and occasionally liquid liner I'm done.

When I've been going out recently I've been all or nothing lip wise. (As you'll see from the two photos in this blog post) I've either been going for a matte red lipstick usually from MAC or wearing a tinted lip balm. Why I can't seem to find a middle ground between the two I do not know.

Of course I apply my favourite cheek duo of the moment - the Benefit Coralista blusher and Hoola Bronzer too making sure I don't look reminiscent of Casper the Ghost.

So all in all if I were at home and getting ready for a night out I could easily spend an hour or two doing my makeup - how... I don't know. But I've managed to do my makeup in 10-20 minutes recently for a night out so maybe I was just faffing around before but that's my latest night out look for you!


Apologies for the inconsistent and infrequent blog posts - it's been a busy few weeks! I'll get back into it soon I promise!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig