Coconut Oil and its many uses!

There are so many benefits of coconut oil, and it is well known to be a really effective moisturising treatment as well as being used as a cleanser or makeup remover. It’s one of my beauty staples that I don't like to be without, I never know when I am going to need it.


I always keep a jar of organic unrefined coconut oil to hand as it has so many uses when it comes to hair and skin care.
Coconut oil in a jar like this, is solid at room temperature but if you scoop a little out it is easily melted to a traditional oil consistency just by holding it in your hands.

Here are a few of the ways I use coconut oil for beauty purposes -

  • Lip balm
  • Body moisturiser
  • Moisturising exfoliant- mix with salts or sugars - cleans out pores and removes dead skin
  • Makeup remover - warm up some in between your fingertips, then rub gently into dry skin (perfect for stubborn eye makeup) and then add a bit of warm water to your hands and massage that in, then remove with a warm, damp wash cloth
  • Hair mask
  • Cuticile oil

Side note - I was reading an article on coconut oil a while ago and it is supposed to have benefits for eczema, I don't have eczema so can't say if this has worked for me, but if you do, maybe it’s something to test out.


Do you have other ways that you use coconut oil? Let me know by leaving me a comment below.

4 comments

  1. Love this!! How do you use this as a hair mask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually just scoop a 1-2 tablespoons out and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so to melt then just put it all over my hair (if you have particularly oily hair you can just put it from the ears downwards). I then put my hair in a bun. You can put a shower cap or something on if you don't want it to drip! You can leave this on for anywhere between an hour and all night! I leave mine on all night then wash my hair really thoroughly in the morning and it leaves me with nourished glossy hair! x

      Delete
  2. omg I love coconut oil! I like to put it on my hair on lazy pj days and then when I wash it off in the eve it feels so soft <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig