Review : L'Oreal Foundation Face Off


I always seem to be on the hunt for the perfect high-street foundation. I am a big fan of the L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation and I have it in a couple of different colours because I like to be able to wear it regardless of the time of the year. At the moment I wear shade N1 Ivory. This is a staple foundation for me that I know will always look good on my skin due to its medium coverage and liquid-y formulation making it 'super-blendable' as the bottle suggests.



I noticed however on a recent trip to Boots that they now have a very similar foundation designed to give a luminous finish, and I do love dewy skin so decided to give it a go. It's the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation and retails for £10.99, £1 more than True Match. The foundation has a very similar formulation to the True Match but as the name suggests has a more luminous finish as opposed to the satin-y finish of True Match. I thought, right up until sitting down to write this post that it was the same foundation just in a luminous version, however I think I must have just made that up! But it is very very similar in formulation. Unfortunately the luminosity of the foundation has not been captured very well in the photograph below (please bare with me on the photography front I am hoping to get a new camera specifically for blogging soon!). One downside to this foundation is that it only comes in 6 shades which doesn't really offer an option for everyone, I seem to have been lucky with my shade however, whereas the True Match comes in 20 shades offering far more choice. I have the shade R/C/K1 Rose Pearl.

In the above photo I am wearing L'Oreal Lumi Magique.

I also decided to try out the L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation. This is marketed as a high coverage foundation and I agree with that. I have to say I am somewhat undecided on this foundation. The coverage is amazing, once I applied this I had a number of compliments of people telling me how flawless my skin looked. However despite the high coverage I am not entirely sold on this product as it looks and feels very heavy on the skin. I have a number of other foundations that provide the same level of coverage but are less 'cakey' and visible on the skin. Again, another problem with this foundation is the poor shade range, personally I think some of the colours are slightly odd and there are only shades for pale skin, if you have medium to dark skin, you will not be able to find a shade, which is disappointing. I picked up the lightest colour in the shop (120 Vanilla), yet I know some of my friends have far paler skin than me (so this really isn't for everyone), and it about 2 shades to dark for me, it looks okay on my face however around my hairline and on my neck it looks awful even when blended very very well. However I have seen that online they have one shade lighter called Porcelain which I am temped to try because I think it would look far less 'cakey' if it were in a better shade so I will keep you posted if I do get the lighter colour.


In the photos above and below I am wearing the Infallible foundation, I think it looks very dark on my skin and exaggerates my pores and imperfections.


I really dislike this picture but I think it highlights just how orangey this foundation is even in the lightest colour. If you look at my neck you can see where I have tried to blend the foundation from my face into my neck but because the colour is just too different it stands out horribly!

In general I really like L'Oreal foundations, True Match is my holy grail foundation and Lumi Magique is fast becoming a strong contender! However at the moment I am not all that keen on the Infallible foundation but if I change my mind I shall let you all know!

Hope you liked this post and found it useful!
I'd love it if you left me a comment down below xx

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig