Handy Beauty Tools

I frequently talk about makeup and skincare but something that is far less talked about is the tools which we use behind the scenes. So here are 12 of my most used beauty tools.



1. Makeup Setting Spray - Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting - a great addition to any dressing table. I give my face a spritz of this after applying my makeup when I know I need my makeup to last that little bit longer than usual, whether that's on a hot summers day, a long busy day or a night out.

2. Makeup Brush Cleanser - No. 7 - A great staple for when you haven't washed your brushes and need a 'quick fix'. Simply apply a bit of the cleanser to a tissue or cotton pad and then swirl the brush around in it to remove the makeup build up then voilà a clean brush... no drying time (well maybe a minute or two...)!

3. Makeup Sponge - Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - a daily necessity for me! I either use a dampened makeup sponge to apply my foundation or if I apply these with a brush it's great to give the skin a once over this sponge to make sure everything is blended seamlessly.

4. MAC Fix + - a new addition to my dressing table but one that I'm finding a plethora of uses for. I use MAC Fix + to dampen the eyeshadow brush before applying pigment eyeshadows, to make my skin look more natural and less 'cakey' if I go slightly overboard with the powder, as a setting spray, or to make things blend out better if they dry down too quickly and become difficult to work with.

5. Beauty Blender Solid Brush and Sponge Cleanser - the best thing I have found so far for cleaning makeup sponges (and brushes too). Really handy and great for travelling. Full blog post on it here.

6. Eyeliner Sharpener - No. 7 - Any eyeliner pencil sharpener will do but this is a necessity for all pencil products whether that's lip pencils, eyebrow pencils or eyeliners.

7. Tweezers - mine are from Avon but I'm not fussy when it comes to tweezers. I keep these on hand to get rid of any rogue hairs that I find under my brows when doing my makeup. (TIP - DO NOT OVERPLUCK. If in doubt get a professional to do it! Don't pluck anything from the top. Bottom only and even then don't go overboard trust me it can take years and years to see any regrowth if you're anything like me. Also do not pluck in from the center too much! - Brow warning rant over!)

8. Cotton Pads - so handy to keep near by for makeup removal, cleansing, cleaning brushes, toning or nail varnish removal.

9. Cotton Buds - I use these all the time for cleaning up makeup mistakes especially with eyeliner or eyeshadow as they're so precise.

10. Post It Notes - (Any ones will do.) You may be thinking why on earth is she including Post It Notes in a beauty tools blog post...well... they can be used as shadow shields and eyeliner guides to give you that perfect smokey eye or winged liner look. Simply place them from the outer corner of your eye pointing up towards the end of your brow. Do your makeup, then remove and blend any harsh lines if you so wish.

11. Eyelash Curlers - Shu Uemura (Also love the Boots one) - I never used to see the fuss about eyelash curlers now I don't wear mascara without curling my eyelashes first. It's such a quick and easy step yet it makes all the difference in giving you that wide eyed awake look.

12. Hair Clip - this may seem unnecessary to some of you reading this but when I'm doing my skincare or makeup I hate having my hair flopping about around the sides of my face so these clips or even a hair band are an essential for me.

I hope you liked seeing what the 12 beauty tools I like to keep on my dressing table are and that it gave you one or two new ideas. What are your favourite beauty tools? Am I missing something?

Hope you're all having a lovely day!


No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig