Sunday Stuff : At Home Manicure

As luxurious and relaxing as it is getting your nails done for you at a salon for most of us it's a real treat as it can be quite an expense and can often be rather time consuming. So today I thought I'd share my At Home Manicure routine with added tips and tricks along the way.



Nail prep is almost as important as the actual painting of the nails themselves. I start by filing, removing the ridges, buffing and polishing my nails with a 4 way nail block. I then apply some cuticle oil and hand cream. After the cuticle oil has been on my nail beds for about 5-10 minutes I will continue by pushing back my cuticles to ensure I have well groomed looking nails. I then give my nails a wipe with some tissue to remove any excess oil before I move on.

I never paint my nails without applying a base coat as it means my nails stay in good condition and don't get stained. I love the Essie All In One Base. Next up is colour and I always tend to do two coats of unless I'm in a mega rush as it means they will last longer and be more opaque. If I make any mistakes and get nail polish on the skin around the nail I use a corrector pen such as the AVON Nail Experts Corrector Pen. It makes your manicure look more polished and professional. And last but not least is top coat, something that I never miss as it gives the nails a gorgeous glossy finish and helps the longevity of the manicure. The Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat is my absolute favourite!


Do you have any manicure tips or tricks? Let me know!
Hope you're having a lovely day!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig