New Beauty Releases

It's that time of year when there are so many gorgeous new beauty products released onto the shelves of Boots and Superdrug so I decided to give you my thoughts on the new bits and bobs I've been putting to the test!



Rimmel Kate Moss The Nudes - It's fair to say that when Rimmel and Kate Moss collaborate something kinda magical happens in the beauty department! And this summer they have released a Nude collection of lipsticks and nail varnishes and I have to say the lipsticks are beautiful! I have the colours 42 (photo below on the right) which is a pinky nude and 43 (photo below on the left) which is a more peachy brown nude.


Maybelline Bronze BB Sunkissed Glow Perfector (light/medium) - this is a great base before foundation to give you a bronzey glow or can be worn alone. It has an SPF of 25 which makes it great for the summer time giving you that added protection for your face. It warms up your skin tone whilst giving the added benefit of making your skin look more even and illuminated.

Bourjois Aqua Blush (02 Cocoricorail) - In the summer I'm a huge fan of cream blushers as they blend seamlessly into the skin and look really natural whilst lasting a long time. This blush from Bourjois is really interesting as it comes in a pump (as a foundation would) and has a light gel/mousse texture to it. It almost has a bouncy kind of feel to it. There are a couple of colours in the range, all of which are gorgeous for summer.

(Photographed wearing the Bourjois blush in Cocoricorail)

Maybelline MasterSculpt Contouring Palette (light/medium) - I'd heard quite a few reviews of this so was intrigued to try it for myself as there isn't a very good range of contouring products on the highstreet. This compact has a light brown contouring shade and a gorgeous subtle highlight. I'd say this is a great option for contouring beginners as it's fairly subtle and blends out like a dream so any mistakes can be rectified easily. You can see the added dimension that it adds to the cheekbones in the photograph below.




      (Photographed wearing the Maybelline Mastersculpt Contour lightly in the hollows of my face)

Rimmel Good to Glow Highlighter (003 Soho Glow) - this is a gorgeous liquid highlighter. I have tried this out two ways now; mixed in with my foundation and using it as a traditional highlighter on the tops of the cheekbones. Mixed in with foundation and applied all over the skin gives a really radiant glowy finish to the skin which I am loving this summer (as photographed below)!


St Tropez In Shower Gradual Tan - A year or two ago a so many brands came out with the quick fuss free in shower moisturisers but now the ever so popular St Tropez has come out with a tan to be applied in the shower! Hardly any wait time, no mitt needed, and no stressing about streaking. I have to say I think this is a bit of a genius idea. It's great for adding to a tan you already have or simply to use it daily to build up a gradual even tan that leaves you glowing and ready for summer!

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara - I've always been a fan of Maybelline mascaras; in fact I think they're some of the best in terms of affordable mascara. This has to be my new favourite high-street mascara though, it separates, lengthens and volumises and compared to a lot of the high end mascaras I've been reviewing and loving recently it's an absolute bargain!

( Wearing the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara)

Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Paint (Fushia Generation 516) and Top Coat - As I'm sure you can see from the photograph below these nail varnish have a shine like no other. I only applied one coat of polish (I always do 2 coats usually!) and they were perfect. The brush was a great shape which made it almost mistake-proof. They look thick and gel-like in one coat which is always a winner in my books!


Hope you liked seeing some of the new beauty releases I've been trying out recently and perhaps I've even inspired you to try a one or two yourself.

Hope you're having a lovely day!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig