Natural nude lips - ''my lips but better''

As superficial as this sounds, there seems to be a permanent mission in the world of beauty to find that perfect nude lip combo for yourself. That 'my lips but better' shade. For me the struggle has finally come to an end.  I have found my perfect everyday natural lip combo.



To create this look I use MAC Patisserie lipstick and a Tanya Burr lipgloss in the colour Afternoon Tea. MAC has a number of different formulations of lipsticks and this is a 'Lustre' meaning it has a very smooth texture with a slight sheen, as opposed to being completely glossy or matte. This means that it doesn't feel drying on the lips like some other lipsticks do.


As I've mentioned this lip combo is very similar to my natural lip colour but is perfect for days when I want to wear something on the lips but to keep it very neutral. This colour may work for you too if you have a similar complexion to mine but believe me there is a perfect shade and formulation for everyone it just takes time (and money...sigh) to find!



I like to add a lighter colour in the centre occasionally to add a little more dimension to my lips and really highlight the inner most part of my lips to give them the effect of looking fuller. To do this I dab a lighter lipstick or gloss in the centre part and blend it out a little. At the moment I'm loving using Crème D'Nude lipstick, also by MAC but another lighter gloss would work just the same.


Have you found your perfect nude lip products? I'd love to hear what they are!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig