Beauty in a flash

I hope I'm not alone in having days where I wake up and want to look like I've made an effort with what I look like, yet really I've done very little. Maybe I'm just lazy but I think we all have even a few days like this even if it's just because were in a rush. So here's my 'I want to look good but have no time/can't really be bothered' essentials!


As much as I love a thick luxurious body butter like the ones from the Body Shop, they take quite a while to sink into the skin and when I want get dressed straight after my morning shower I often don't have the time to wait around for it to do it's thing. So I opt for a quicker easier moisturiser that comes in spray form. I use the Vaseline Spray and Go moisturiser in the cocoa scent, you don't have to mess about with pots of body butter or such like, meaning you save precious time.


If I choose to wear makeup (which I don't always) I stick to something fairly basic. I use the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream for a light but even coverage with added skincare benefits, I apply this with a dampened Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I then apply a smidge of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. As I have combination skin I then powder the T zone and under my eyes to prevent creasing or excess shine throughout the day, for this I use something like the Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in the shade light, any powder will do but I also love the Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent pressed powder. I like a subtle glow without looking like I'm oily which this is perfect for. I then add a little natural looking matte bronzer to the hollows of my face to add some colour back to my pale skin and to add a little definition, I love the Body Shop Honey Bronzer in the shade 02. I tend to wear a tinted lip balm as its quick, easy and very moisturising on the lips, I love the Burts Bees lip balm in Hibiscus.

If I feel like doing anything to my brows I will use the Soap and Glory Brow Archery pencil in the shade Blondeshell to lightly fill in any sparse areas. By this point I'm looking half decent but my eyes still look like they're half asleep! So with a quick coat of mascara and a nude eyeliner in the waterline (optional) I'm ready to head out the door. My holy grail nude liner is the Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof one and I am loving the Lancôme Hypnose Drama mascara too at the moment.

I'm not that adventurous with hairstyles in general, I'm much more of a makeup girl. So I tend to just leave my hair down or alternatively put it in a pony tail or a messy bun. With a spritz of my favourite perfume I'm ready!

This may not sound like its all that quick, but I can do all of the above in about 5 minutes if I'm in a rush.



Hope you liked this post! Let me know your Beauty in a Flash essentials by tweeting me or leaving a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig