Review: Lancôme Hypnose Drama Mascara

I'd heard amazing reviews of a number of the Lancôme mascaras, but had always been pretty content when it came to high-street brands in terms of mascara. In fact, I think mascara is probably the only makeup category that I've never bought high end up until now, I always seem to find what I'm looking for at Boots or Superdrug. So I always told myself it was pointless spending two, or three times the price on something different when I like ones I have. Well... me being me, I knew I'd cave at some point and it happened to be whilst standing in front of the Lancôme counter at Debenhams.


I've done this before with the Benefit Coralista blusher and Hoola bronzer, I looked and it and swatched it for probably three years, telling myself I loved it, yet somehow always convinced myself I didn't need it each time, until one day, I just knew; it was the day to buy it. Call me sad, but at that point it time, standing next to the beautifully laid out Lancôme counter, it was time for me to buy my first high end mascara.


When it comes down to the type of mascara formulas I love, I have a lot of criteria that it needs to fulfil. If I was asked to describe what my perfect mascara would do it would hold a curl well, lengthen and separates the lashes whilst most importantly adding plenty of volume. Being someone who is also drawn in by beautiful packaging (as I've probably mentioned numerous times now on my blog) I would also look for it to look sleek and elegant, after all with a hefty price tag you wouldn't expect cheap, plain, boring packaging.


Is it too soon to call this my holy grail mascara? I don't know, but it looks like it could well be! (I'll keep you posted if my opinion changes.)


A close up with the mascara only on my right eye.

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig