My makeup storage and organisation

Makeup storage and organisation blog posts and videos are some of my favourite to read or watch. They are generally very highly requested and well loved as people, including myself, love to be nosy and have a bit of a snoop around other people's stuff! I like to think I'm a pretty organised person and love getting inspiration on how to best store things, being a beauty blogger this is mainly for my makeup and skincare.

My makeup storage has definitely changed over the years, I'll insert a couple of pictures here to show just how much it has changed....

So, at one point, many years ago, my makeup all fit into one makeup bag... what happened between then and now? Far too many makeup shopping sprees - that's what! Then it got moved into the top drawer of my dresser and was separated by boxes, this really wasn't the best storage method as the drawer was too deep and it meant I had things piled on top of one another making it harder to see what I had. So basically I stuck to the basics and didn't really use what I had. As you can see from the picture below it was really disorganised. I also used a clear acrylic stand for my most used bits and bobs on top of the dresser alongside my makeup brushes and some other beauty bits I was using at the time.


After my collection grew even more I decided it was finally time to invest in something a little more aesthetically pleasing. I'd been eyeing up the Ikea Alex Drawer unit for a year or two by this point. It's very well loved by beauty bloggers, I'd be surprised if you haven't seen it floating around beauty blogs and YouTube channels by now! But when it came down to it I just couldn't justify spending £90 on a 9 drawer unit. So after umming and ahhing for a year or so I decided that I would buy two of the Alex 5 drawer units and a table top from Ikea too, essentially making it into a dressing table with plenty of storage underneath!


The drawer units cost £60 each (link here) (although they now seem to be reduced to £50 so if you want to buy them I'd get onto the Ikea website quickly!) and the table top cost £25 (link here). The mirror and chair are also from Ikea, the chair I already had and the mirror I recently bought on my latest trip to the storage heaven that is Ikea (which I'm sure will be easy to find on their website). The drawer units came in flat-pack form and were relatively simple to put together however it was slightly time consuming!

I keep makeup in the upper-most two drawers on each side. In the other drawers I keep skincare, bodycare, hair products, and hot tools such as straighters, curling wands etc. and a drawer for makeup and wash bags. This means that as my collection grows I will have room to accommodate for it by moving about the contents of the other drawers.

I keep my makeup brushes in various pots and mugs on the top of the dressing table along with an acrylic letter rack which I used to store my large palettes. On the right hand side I keep my most used hair and body products so they are at easy reach... essentially meaning I actually remember to use them more often!


If you'd like to see an in depth post on the contents of each drawer then let me know in the comments.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig