Favourite highlighters

Highlighters are possibly the most favourite part of my makeup collection and in my opinion make such a big difference when it comes to making you look radiant and ''lit-from-within''. Whilst prepping for this blog post I realised that 4/5 of these highlighters are high end! I need to find some more affordable options. But here are my top 5 favourite highlighters. 



 ( Left to right : Nars Copacabana, Topshop Polished, MAC Soft and Gentle, MAC Lightscapade, Mary-lou Manizer)

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer - 
- This is my most used highlighter and it sits somewhere between being drugstore/high-street and high-end because it's available at Superdrug however isn't exactly the cheapest! I'll let you decide which category it fits in. But it's a gorgeous golden champagne colour that can be worn both day and night. It gives a luminous 'lit-from-within' glow to the skin.

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle -
- The MAC MSF's are such finely milled powders and these luminising ones are widely loved and known for being such beautiful highlighters. Soft and Gentle is a pinky/rose gold colour that is iridescent, it looks great on tanned or slightly darker skin tones.

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Lightscapade -
- Lightscapade is a white gold/champagne colour that is perfect for the palest of skin tones and looks so luminous.

Topshop Glow in Polished - 
This is a cream highlighter in a pot and is the most affordable of the bunch. There are a few different shades to choose from but this is the lightest colour which suits my skin tone. This looks lovely blended in with finger tips onto bare skin or on top of un-set liquid foundation or with a stippling brush for an airbrushed look. It looks dewy and natural as it blends into the skin seamlessly without looking powdery.

NARS Multiple Copacabana - 
Again, another cream product with very similar effects to the Topshop one above but this is a more convenient stick. However, this comes with a far heftier price tag. It's worth the money as its a cult classic and so well loved but you can find very similar cheaper. Again a white champagne colour perfect for pale skins like mine.

I hope you found a little 'glow-spiration'.
Hope you have a lovely day and week!

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment below!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig