Self Tanning : Favourite products, my routine and tips

As soon as the sun starts to poke its way out of the grey overcast clouds I begin to get myself prepped and ready for Spring and Summer and for me self tanning is an important part of that.  I start by prepping my skin by shaving/epilating, exfoliating and moisturising. Now, I know the weather isn't great yet, but that's why I start with a gradual tan moisturiser to build up some colour and add a little glow to my pasty legs etc. When summer finally rolls around things start to get a bit more serious and I whip out a few other products.


The Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived gradual tan (medium to dark) is a one of a kind product in my opinion. I've tried so many gradual tans and they either leave me looking streaky, orange or smelling like dog biscuits. Those problems are no more as this Dove option leaves my skin nourished,  glowing and with a hint of colour after a day or two of use and the best part is it barely smells! If you know the ghastly typical fake tan smell you'd agree with me that this one is almost perfection scent wise in comparison. I apply this about 2-3 times a week with a tanning mitt (optional but decreases the likeliness of streaks) to build up the colour that I like. But you feel free to use it as often as you like to get your desired colour.

The Rimmel Sun Shimmer Water Resistant Instant Tan (Medium Matte) is a great instant tan option. I use this if I forget to fake tan before a night out, or if I get dressed and realise that I'm far more ghostly looking than usual. It can even be used in combination with the gradual tan to top the colour up. It's so quick and easy to apply, I mix this with a little bit of a normal body lotion and apply this also with a tanning mitt.

This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle, is an instant skin tint and skin perfecter that hydrates and brightens skin. I occasionally apply a light layer of this below foundation if I've tanned my body (as I don't fake tan my face). In general I will just match my foundation to the colour of my body but this helps to give me a little extra (wash off) glow!

Now for the serious stuff! The St Tropez Self Tan Express is a more traditional self tan. This is in mousse form and can be adapted to suit how dark you want to go. Apply and leave for 1 hour  for a light colour, 2 hours for medium and 3 hours for dark. Its essential that you exfoliate and moisturise any dry areas (knees, elbows, backs of the arms, ankles, hands etc) particularly before using this one as it can (if not used correctly) cling to certain areas more than others.

I hope this gave you a little insight into the tanning products that I love and would recommend.
I hope you're all having a lovely week! Check back for new blog posts every Wednesday and Sunday!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig