Collective Maybelline, NYX and L.A. Girl Haul

Over the past few weeks I've bought various different bits of makeup and thought I'd put it all together in a collective haul.


There were a number of brand-spanking-new products I'd seen on Maybelline's social media and couldn't wait to get my hands on. I am a big fan of Maybelline for mascara, I've never used a mascara from the brand which I dislike, and in fact I'd go as far as saying its the best drugstore/high-street brand for mascara. No matter your mascara preferences theres something for you at Maybelline!

The new release of their The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara intrigued me as I love the original The Falsies Mascara which gives length, definition, volume and holds a curl. My first impressions of this new formula are really good and I'm loving it at the moment so I'm sure you'll see it making an appearance on the blog again soon!

The Blushed Nudes eyeshadow palette also from Maybelline looked very similar to the much loved Urban Decay Naked 3 palette with gorgeous rose toned natural shadows in a gorgeous array of colours from light to dark, with a few more statement rose toned colours too! Absolutely gorgeous!


NYX has been a brand I've loved for many years but has only recently become widely available in the UK. I've tried many of their lip and eye products before and have loved every single one so when I saw that they were now sold on Boots online my bank account prepared for the worst! The NYX Soft Matte Lip Cremes are something I've tried and loved before and so I picked up two new shades; Cannes (a gorgeous pinky nude, below right) and Monte Carlo ( a classic red, below left). These are matte liquid lipsticks and are the best I've found. If you're interested in the new MAC liquid lipsticks (£21) these are a perfect dupe at a quarter of the price at £5.50.

I also picked up a NYX Cream Blush in the shade Natural and a NYX Powder Blush in the shade Taupe to contour with as its the perfect cool toned brown colour (I've used it and it looks absolutely amazing!). I've wanted to try a 'banana' or yellow toned powder for a long time, to set concealer and brighten underneath the eyes. However the most popular ones such as Ben Nye Banana Powder but again is very expensive and this NYX powder whilst being pressed not loose is a much more affordable option. I also bought the NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder with the idea of trying the 'baking' trend to set makeup flawlessly into place.


For a while I've wanted to find an affordable concealer in a darker shade to cream contour with and this is it! It's the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer in the shade Almond. It's perfect - it even has a brush applicator making it super easy to apply. I bought this very cheaply from Amazon.


I will now be posting every Wednesday and Sunday!

Please don't forget to follow my blog by email or by Bloglovin' , like my Facebook page and follow my Instagram, and Twitter so your never miss a post!

Let me know what you'd like see on my blog next - any ideas are welcome!

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Olivia Emily Beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig